Hello there, I'm Ellie and I take photos!
Image: Clare Cooper Photography
I guess I'm supposed to tell you all about myself, I'll get warmed up and start with some little facts about me.
- I live in Sheffield. Born and bred in Yorkshire (yes I love pie and the hills are okay).
- I have a ridiculous obsession with dogs.
- Studio Ghibli films are pure genius. I wish Totoro was my friend.
- My friends and family mean the absolute world to me.
- I absolutely love programs like Luther, The Walking Dead, Stranger Things, Utopia (you know, the really light ones).
- If I could spend every day at a festival I would. Dancing barefoot in grass is such a wonderful thing to do!
- I love to get out into the Peak District. The higher the hill the better.
- Spring and Autumn are my favourite seasons. I just love the colours, shapes and textures!
- Alice in Wonderland was the greatest thing ever written.
- I like to be silly. Life's too short to be serious all the time.
- I am part of a WI.
- I love to go urban exploring. Just exploring in general too.
- My favourite film in the world is Beauty and the Beast, what's better than a talking candle stick and a singing teapot? Although I must stress that this only applies to the original cartoon, I have mixed feelings to the remake. Happy to discuss this over a cup of tea.
- I also love all things Marvel.
- A Cuba Libre a day keeps the doctor away. But so does a single malt whiskey.
- I LOVE HARRY POTTER!
- I wish David Attenborough and Judy Dench were my Grandparents.
- I never have any money because I'm forever spending it on holiday's. I want to see as much of the world as possible.
I graduated from Sheffield Hallam University in 2010 with a BA Honours in Photography. I have always wanted a job doing what I love most, who doesn't? Little did I know that back in 2010 when I was doing a family friend a favour and photographing their wedding that I was actually developing my passion for wedding photography. I developed such a flare for it that the next thing I knew, Ellie Grace Photography was born and I am now doing something I wake up every morning thinking, "YAY, I’ve got work today!"
I specialise in documentary wedding, portrait and lifestyle photography in the UK, mainly around the beautiful places in and around Yorkshire and Derbyshire. I am a crazy dog lady, I love a good party, I'm addicted to peanut butter and I love exploring new places. During your wedding I will run around capturing everything that happens, when I hear someone laugh I am there in a split second, when someone falls over, I am also there. You can find out more about my approach to your day here.
When I'm not photographing you lovely lot, I am either on holiday, at home watching films, at the pub or walking a dog or 2. In 2017 I walked the Great Wall of China (only a bit of it) to raise money for The MS Society and it was truly the most incredible experience of my entire life. 2018 I'll be walking most of the hills in the Peak District but 2019 will see me take on Kilimanjaro for The MS Society again and I can't wait!
I believe that blogging is an extra bonus when getting to know someone without even having to talk to them! Head over to my blog page and have a little read yourself. You'll find me over on my contact page, Facebook, Instagram or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Clara Cooper Photography